Let’s be honest. Adoption is expensive. Like what in the world did we get into? expensive. But the truth is–God provides. Is anything too hard for Him? (Jeremiah 32:27)
Story after story could be told about unexpected tax returns or generous anonymous donations that paid important fees for families in process.
Though it doesn’t always feel like it at the time, one of the most faith-building aspects of the adoption process is witnessing how–not if–God will meet the needs of His children.
Contributing to a family’s adoption allows us the opportunity to participate in the providence of God. And the best part? We don’t need to have a lot of money to make a major impact on an adopting family. Consider these 10 ways we can bless an adopting family:
1. Donate items to a garage sale (or host a garage sale on the adopting family’s behalf).
2. Advertise a babysitting event and donate all the proceeds.
3. Host a Both Hands fundraiser.
4. Encourage your kids to set up a lemonade stand and donate the funds.
5. Have a chili cook-off.
6. Start a church fund.
7. Collect items for a silent auction.
8. Ask friends or family to sponsor a square on a quilt. (And then give that quilt to the adopted child.)
9. Sell Gobena coffee.
10. Create and sell jewelry.
Truly, the ideas and opportunities are endless. Every donation, large or small, helps bring children home. Better still, no dollar donated to a family or child in need escapes God’s notice.
Would you like to make a difference today?
This month, help provide matching grants for 4 adopting families. $10,000 by May 31st!
100% of your donation received by Lifesong will go directly to the need…helping orphans.