Church Adoption Funds
Do you want to create financial solutions for adoptions in your church that are fee-free and administratively simple? We can help.
The Purpose of the Church
Titus 2:4 says Christ gave Himself to redeem us and to purify for Himself a people who are zealous for good works. And to be sure we knew what He had in mind, He included two specifics in James 1:27-–
- Visit orphans and widows in their affliction.
- Keep yourself unstained from the world.
Clear enough. To make it as easy as possible to visit orphans in their affliction, we offer adoption funds at no cost to churches. No catch. Here’s how it’s done.
Common Barriers & Solutions
Here are 3 hurdles churches face when starting a Fund:
1. Church staff “plate is already full” to administer fund.
Solution: We understand. We’ll manage/facilitate the Fund using mutually-agreed-upon criteria for applications, accounting, receipts, disbursement, etc. Consider us a partner.
2. Church feels uncomfortable approving/denying their own families.
Solution: This can be tricky. We’ll provide all the screening, reviewing, approving/denying.
3. Adoption Fund is unfamiliar territory.
Solution: No problem. We specialize in adoption funding processes and maximizing stewardship. We use existing grant/loan procedures that are IRS- and ECFA-approved.
So, how does it work?
1. Allocate funding. Use missions budget, benevolence fund, or money raised to launch your Fund. We’ll guide you through this process if you need us.
2. Utilize our existing grant and loan management processes. Don’t “re-create the wheel.” We’ll administer the Adoption Fund at no cost to your church or fund. We’re an e-mail or phone call away.
3. Engage. Encourage your local church to become actively involved on behalf of orphans. Watch the financial roadblock for families disappear. Celebrate children adopted into permanent Christian families. (All of this with minimal administrative burden for the church!)
Hear what fellow Church Fund partners have to say.
Or call us at 309-747-4527.
- Church Fund Info Sheet
- Outside the Walls
- Adoption Without Borders
- 20 Ways to Become an Adoption-Friendly Church
- Browse Adoptive Family Testimonials
I am deeply grateful for God’s grace in Lifesong. I wholeheartedly recommend Lifesong to churches who want to express the love of the Father to the fatherless.
–David Platt, President, IMB