- The Power of a Church Adoption Fund August 15, 2017 - 0 comments
- How to Teach Your Kids to Care for the Fatherless August 11, 2017 - 0 comments
- How Your School Can Reach Orphaned & Vulnerable Children August 9, 2017 - 1 comment
Have you ever considered trading your paved road in the states for a dirt road in a developing country? Has the Lord prompted your heart to serve orphans overseas? We are looking for people to GO and SERVE as missionaries all over the world.
As missionary Jim Elliott once famously said, “He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” The truth is simple. You can’t out-sacrifice God. As you take the love and truth of Christ where it is not, your faithful Heavenly Father will daily–continually–meet your needs.
Ready to learn more?
Here’s what we are looking for currently–
In addition to our current missionary needs (see below), we are always looking for staff to serve at various locations around the world. Specifically, these needs include accounting, administration, counseling, and facility management/maintenance. Interested in learning more? Please submit your resume and cover letter. We’d be happy to share more details about each opportunity.
Current Missionary Needs
Join one of our mission teams in-country for 2 to 4 years. Open opportunities exist in Ethiopia, Haiti, Guatemala and Cambodia. Each of these opportunities will require hard work and dedication, but each comes with a lifetime of memories. Come see first-hand what God is doing overseas. Work with orphans and vulnerable children. Meet loving caregivers and Christian mentors sacrificing for kids in need.
Learn more about each of the opportunities below:
Come help guide kids into a more hopeful future! We are seeking a missionary candidate(s) to serve in Ziway as our Program Director. The Program Director will report to our board (Ethiopian Executive Committee), serve with our Ethiopian leadership team, and be responsible for general oversight of the program including:
- maintaining government regulations
- budgeting, cash management, and financial accountability
- overseeing facility expansion
- ensuring ongoing program quality
- promoting Christian discipleship
- facilitating child sponsorship
- communicating with the home office
Beneficial skills/experiences include:
- leadership, communication, and organization skills
- experience with finances/accounting
- heart for discipleship, vision, development
Candidates will complete the required full missionary sending process. This includes training, support raising, and culture/language learning in country. At least an initial 3-5 year commitment will be required.
Visit the Lifesong Ethiopia page to learn more about the project.
Open Arms ministry is currently caring for 125 children. There is a local staff of 55. In addition to the school and medical needs, Open Arms has started an agricultural and hospitality business. We are seeking someone to assist with administration and logistics with both.
Beneficial skills/experience include:
- accounting, bookkeeping, and administrative abilities
- interpersonal skills with multiple project teams
- flexibility, patience, and open to learning a new language
- ability to work well with others
Cross-cultural training will be required. Previous experience is helpful.
Visit the Lifesong Haiti page for more information on this project.
The VOH Chaplain will oversee the spiritual needs of the Village of Hope ministry including staff, children, and people from the local community. This position will also help lead the effort (in conjunction with a Guatemalan pastor) to plant a church at Village of Hope for the surrounding villages.
- Recognizes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Believes in and lives out the Village of Hope Statement of Faith.
- Interpersonal skills toward staff, children, and people outside Village of Hope.
- Possess a heart for the orphan and ability to communicate grace and truth.
- Good communication skills.
- High integrity and full buy-in to the Village of Hope mission and vision.
- Has excellent communication skills in various context such as one on one, small group, and large group settings.
- Is fluent in the Spanish language.
Educational and Background Preferences:
Experience in a church, para-church, or NGO setting is desired. Is pursuing, or has, a certificate or degree in Christian ministry, or the like. Cross-cultural experience in a latin country. Experience working in orphan care is preferred but not required. Has experience in working with children dealing with trauma, or willing to learn.
- Provide spiritual guidance to Village of Hope staff in small group and one on one settings.
- Organize and support the weekly worship services.
- Organize and lead a prayer ministry in and through Village of Hope with all staff, children, and U.S. teams.
- Create, and guard, the theological framework from which Village of Hope staff and ministry operates.
- Assist the directors in planting a church at the appropriate time.
- Oversee the work of the pastor/planter for the VOH Church.
Visit the Lifesong Guatemala page for more information on this project.
Children’s Home and Learning Center Coordinator:
Construction of Hope, in partnership with Lifesong for Orphans, is seeking a missionary candidate to serve in Takeo, Cambodia, as our Program Coordinator with the possibility for increasing responsibility towards a more directive role. The Program Coordinator will report to the Country Director, serve with our Cambodian leadership team, and be responsible for general oversight of the program, including:
- Working with indigenous leadership to assess and prioritize needs.
- Overseeing ongoing program quality through working with indigenous leaders and other missionaries to establish organizational routines within the home and learning center
- Budgeting, cash management, and financial accountability
- Facilitating child sponsorship
- Coordinating with mission teams/interns
Skills and Competencies
- Heart for discipleship and love for children.
- Desire to learn a new language and culture. (Indigenous leaders will have some level of English ability, but the more Khmer you know the better!)
- Willingness to adapt, adjust and be flexible.
- Self-motivated to initiate development of new programs and organizational strategies.
- Previous cross-cultural experience is helpful.
Visit the Lifesong Cambodia page for more information on this project.
God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people. –Hebrews 6:10