In the next few months leading up to Orphan Sunday, we will be sharing with you some easy-to-follow Orphan Sunday event plans to share with your church that highlights needs and brings awareness to how your church can get involved in caring for orphans. For more Partnership Packages, visit www.orphansunday.org/partnership-packages.
Today’s partnership packages features reaching out to your local foster care community…
Pack Journey Bags for Foster Children
Use Orphan Sunday to teach and encourage your church of the needs in your local Foster Care System and assemble Journey Bags for children who enter into the system.
What the Local Host Does…
- Highlight what orphan care looks like in America through a Foster Care panel and watch a video like this www.vimeo.com/6576611.
- Check out Heart Gallery to see if you can display a gallery of children in your community.
- Organize Journey Bag packing prior to Orphan Sunday asking people to buy and bring various items (list provided).
- Pack bags and deliver to local foster care agencies.
- Use foster care prayer cards provided by Lifesong for Orphans to distribute to attendees.
Lifesong for Orphans will provide you instruction on how and what to pack in each Journey Bag along with a list of 12 other tangible ways to impact your foster care community. We will connect you to our partner organization The Forgotten Initiative to help in any way that you would need.