In the midst of the adoption process, you have applications to fill out, fingerprints to submit, case workers to call, plane tickets to schedule and lots of waiting. Then, you’re home. Now what? Maybe as an adoptive parent you feel alone after the strong camaraderie you felt from your church, friends, adoption agency and others settle. You long for support and direction on parenting a child from a hard place.
Enter Empowered to Connect, an organization committed to put resources into the hands of adoptive and foster parents. Listen in as Empowered to Connect experts, Dr. Karyn Purvis and Michael Monroe, offer helpful insights and practical advice in response to the following questions that are commonly asked by adoptive and foster parents:
- How Do I Handle Manipulation & Control?
- Will Trust-Based Parenting Work for My Child?
- Why Won’t My Child Act His Age?
- How Do I Handle Lying?
- How Do I Find the Right Professional To Help Us?
- Should I Parent My Adopted Child Differently Than Birth Children?
- How Long Do I Have to Parent This Way?
- Is It Adoption Related or Not?
- Will Trust-Based Parenting Prepare My Child for the Real World?
- How Can I Be Fair?
WATCH the videos discussing each of the topics above and learn more about the resources that Empowered to Connect offers adoptive and foster families at www.empoweredtoconnect.org/10-questions-adoptive-parents-ask.