- Is the Cost of Adoption Worth It? May 23, 2018 - 0 comments
- A Zambian Adoption Story May 17, 2018 - 0 comments
- Shauna's House Now OPEN! May 14, 2018 - 0 comments
Adopt an Orphanage
What we do…
Lifesong currently serves over 4,000 orphans in 8 countries around the globe. We are helping “Bring Joy and Purpose to Orphans”, but the job is too big for us to do alone…will you join us?
We invite your church to care for the orphans who may never be adopted by partnering with one of our specific Orphan Care countries. Consider giving a 2 or 3 year commitment to ‘adopt’ one of our Orphan Care initiatives:
- Yearly Mission Trips to see the work, meet and encourage in-country staff, work with the children, run a VBS, help with minor construction and share the love of Jesus to those in need.
- Write Letters to children that you can sponsor. Encourage them and point them to Jesus.
- Financially support the work of the Orphan Care initiative. Help provide necessary buildings, improvements, supplies, and materials to assist the indigenous staff in their daily tasks. Help assist in fundraising and social media campaigns.
- Stewardship –100% of every donated dollar goes directly to Orphan Care or Adoption Grants/Loans
- Guide the Ministry – we will ensure that our Orphan Care programs are maximizing stewardship and changing as many lives as possible
- Facilitate Mission Trips – we will help with travel arrangements, trip planning and facilitation
- Facilitate Letter-writing – we will translate and deliver letters on a quarterly or semi-annual basis between the child and the sponsor. (*note: letter writing is not available in every country)
Example: What adopting a school looks like…
First Baptist Church choses to partner with us in changing the way the world cares for orphans and “adopted” the Lifesong Zambia School. First Baptist Church makes a 2-3 year commitment in these 3 areas:
- At least 1 yearly mission trip to Kitwe, Zambia
- Letter-writing to children on (quarterly or semi-annual basis)
- Consider financially supporting the education, discipleship, and nutrition for 230 children at the Lifesong Zambia School
It has been such a blessing to partner with Lifesong, both in their adoption fund and in joining with them to support orphan care. Together we are making a difference, one child at a time!
SUZY ROTH, Hands of Hope
Grace Church | Noblesville, Indiana