- Where Life and Death Meet in Grace and Adoption | Family Friday September 22, 2017 - 0 comments
- 5 Easy Ways to Encourage a Foster or Adoptive Family September 19, 2017 - 0 comments
- 4 Exciting Orphan Sunday Resources September 12, 2017 - 0 comments
Advent for Orphans
Read. Pray. Give.
The season of Advent is the celebration of Christ’s birth.
On the first Christmas–2000 years ago–Christ came to heal hurting hearts. So perhaps an appropriate response from us to our loving Heavenly Father at Christmas time, is to actively care for those in need. Thank you for your interest in Lifesong’s Advent for Orphans Calendar. 100% of the amount raised will go directly to bringing joy and purpose to orphans.
Download the App Today!
How Advent for Orphans works:
- DOWNLOAD the FREE Lifesong for Orphans App with the 2016 calendar!
- READ. Beginning December 1, read the daily Scripture listed on each tab. Involve your friends and/or family. Discover God’s heart for the Orphan in His Word.
- PRAY. Use the daily prayer request to guide you as you seek God’s face on behalf of others. Allow it to be a springboard to other requests God lays on your heart.
- GIVE. Collect money for the daily gifts in a jar or keep track of the amount on paper. After Advent, send your donation to Lifesong to use on behalf of orphans around the world. (Note: Donations postmarked through December 31, 2016, will be deductible in 2016.)
Great for families with kids! In 2012, two high school girls decided to honor Advent for Orphans … with a twist.
Also, thanks to generous donors, donations from the Advent for Orphans calendar will be MATCHED up to $1,000,000 until December 31st with a gift to Lifesong (Where Most Needed)!
Lifesong has been blessed with a partner that underwrites all US administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation received by Lifesong will go directly to the need…helping orphans.
Need some help spreading the word to your church, community or small group? Feel free to use our Advent for Orphans promo video!